Release notes for myPractice Version 2.22 - 4/11/2009
Below is a summary of all changes introduced in version 2.22 – Please see associated posts flagged “more info” for more information.
For existing users, please see "Update Eligibility and How to Update"
New: functionality that is new or changed
- Contact Details Export - new dialog to allow selection and export of Address/Phone/email details to excel for mail merges etc. Added this dialog to Client Birthdays, Full Client List, Client Analysis reports along with replacing the existing Contact Details Export Report dialog. More Info
- Scanning - We now support scanning of documents directly into Client records. More info
- Added Client Record Locking Mechanism for Network 'Static' Version computers. More info
- Client Medical Conditions - added fields: Client Medical Condition Notes, Client Medical Condition Past (they had the Condition in the past), Client Medical Conditions Current (they have the Condition now), Client Medical Conditions Past Date (when they got over the problem)
- Client Medications - added fields Medication Current, Medication Past, Medication Past Date
- Client Analysis Report - added the new Client Medication and Client Medical Condition fields to the report.
- Appointment Book Daily Report - right-click/printing of a Practitioners Appointment List for the day.
If in Day View the user can Right click their name or the date at the top of the appointment book and select "Daily Appointment List" If in any other view (week, work week etc) right click the date required. This can be emailed or printed from the Preview screen.
- Payments - Added support for Clinician ABN on the Payment Receipt
- Letter Editor & Client Layout - Added "Gender Expanded" M>Male F>Female and Rounding of BMI etc to 1 decimal place
- Appointment Book & Appointment - Save the number of months showing in the Date-picker (right hand side) and restore it when user restarts.
- Network Sync - Button = Red when Appt Book needs syncing, Green = Up to date
- Outlook Synchroniser: Added Appointment Days Forward and Back - to limit the range of Appointments exported to Outlook.
(See Options > Outlook Options)
- Email - Prevent storing 'Reminder' Emails as email (.eml) files - simply store the text in the database as pre 2.21
- Appointment Book - Speed up Outlook Sync Process
- Appointment Book Edit Form - Changed order to be logical
- Client Document Addition Form - Added Scanning support
- Client Phone Call Edit - Added support for showing of SMS/Emails where the text is stored in the database instead of in a file
- Client Details Layout - Added support for storage of the Client Details Layout within the database - This can be used across all users in a Practice to ensure uniformity. More info
- Client Search - Added 'QuickTasks' Scanning, Sending of SMS messages More info
- Client Details - Support for Email/SMS Reminders stored in the database in the Documents section
- Client Details - Added "Phone Notes" field
- Options - Admin Authorisation - Added ability to prompt for an Admin user password - For storage of the Client Details Layout file and future enhancements
- Letters - Added checking for invalid filename characters.
- Maintenance Screens - Added a checkbox to the Maintenance screen so that users can display the Autofilter row only when they choose to. By default it will be OFF.
- Client Details View: Address/Email/Phone grids will now take up the whole of the 'box' that they are in and will resize as users resize the box.
- Network Documents Synchronisation - Users can now specify a time each day when the Document Sync (word/pdf/images other files) process will run to check that the Network folder is up-to-date. (generally only required for those that work offline and create documents that need to be uploaded to the server) See Options > Documents
- Network Documents Synchronisation - Added progress counter to notify the User of the state of the Sync Document process. Alert message will display (like the 'Client Has Arrived messages) when the process is finished instead of the popup dialog that interrupted the user.
- New 'Skins' - "Seven", "Seven Classic", “Sharp”, “Sharp Plus”, “Foggy” (The images in this post display the ‘Seven’ skin)
- Added Activate and Deactivate License to the Windows Start Menu
Fixes: the following issues have been addressed
- Banking Report - not saving all changes.
- Transaction Report - would fail if the user switched between "Invoices" and "Payments for Invoices" if no Invoices were displayed.
- Email - Corrected issues around the sending of attachments.
- Email - Don't allow an email without a Subject to be saved.
- Email - user prompted to overwrite existing messages when sending Email reminders
- Appointment Book - fixed Referral decrement/increment process when an Appt is cancelled
- Client Email Addition Form - Corrected Ordering of Client Names
- Client Document Addition Form - Corrected Ordering of Client Names
- Client Details View - Corrected tings looking as if they were disabled.
- SMS Adhoc - Correct the sorting of the Client Names.
- Options - 'Backup finished' dialog hidden by Options screen.
- Options - Corrected zipping process so that it supports WinXP builtin unzipping. (previously required Winzip or other program to correctly unzip backups)
- Startup - Located the source of the rare, intermittent and very hard to track down crash at start-up.